As mentioned in a previous post, I sent off some images to be printed. These images include my painting with light nightscapes. I am rather proud of these images, not just because they actually turned out like I had wanted them to, but because of the amount of effort and commitment it took to actually achieve the final results.
I'm not saying that I am afraid of the dark, but there is certainly something unnatural about walking through the local park very late at night, in the complete dark. Every sound made me instantly think there was someone after me, even though every sound made was probably from myself. Even the camera shutter sound was making me jump.
But I pushed myself through it, and adventured out every night to ensure I had a collection I was proud of.
I used a medium sized torch to expose the tree out of the darkness, with my camera's shutter speed set on 20 seconds.
As soon as the shutter button was pressed I was off, making sure I was lighting even the smallest details within the images. I admit, it took about 10 tries before I perfected the method, but I got there in the end, and that's all that matters.



No comments:
Post a Comment