As the title suggests, it's been an incredibly busy week here at Chloe Mackenzie Photography. The formal that I photographed last Friday turned out great, but it was a lot of work. I got through the editing super quickly as I knew converting to disc would take a while....ended up taking about 2 solid days just to burn the images to the discs. Granted, I was flattered that I was booked. It was my first major photoshoot, and was sort of a tester. It took me out of my comfort zone, which I've promised myself that I will be doing more often. Although I did enjoy it, it is a lot more work than what I expected it to be. It will be something I would considering doing again in the future, but events wouldn't be an avenue that I would like to specialize. I much prefer newborns. Which is why I have not advertised or mentioned it on my social media pages.
On Saturday I also photographed a beautiful young family. It was quite challenging, as it consisted with a toddler and a newborn, but ultimately it was very rewarding. I got some amazing shots of the family at the beginning, but then the little man was far to interested in my camera to sit back down with his mum. Eventually I decided that getting some images of him in his element (running around, getting excited over everything from leaves to ducks) was the best way for this shoot to become a success. His smile was enough to make any photograph memorable.
Tomorrow I will be traveling to photograph a gorgeous mum to be.......I may be a little bias as she is my sister, but I can not wait. It's finally a chance for me to test out my new softboxes, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
I've been considering and pondering where my blog is going. I understand that my audience isn't large (I actually don't think there's anyone reading this), but it helps me to unwind when things are getting quite busy, which is nice.
And as we said back in class, who knows were the students will go in life.
ReplyDeleteI guess that for a lot of Kids, especially toddlers, the gear we use is quite interesting. Just like the family we photographed at Tafe.
Too true William. We may very well be inspiring the photographers of the next generation!
DeleteMore or less, I think it may have been the sound of the shutter matched with the lense zooming and focusing that caught the little man's attention. He did love reviewing the images with me on the back of my camera. Seemed to be really learning something. It was quite amazing to see.